Immediate Past Key Positions:
- Honorary Distinguished Professor, ISRO / Department of Space, Bangalore
- Chairman, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Manipur
Current Key Positions:
- Vice President, Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing [http://FGKS.in]
- Advisory role and Membership of Apex Boards or Councils for several other Institutions
- Member, GC, M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (MSRUAS), Bangalore
- Member Advisory Board at Jain University, Bangalore
- Member, GC in a few other Universities
- Member, GC, Aruthchelvar Dr Mahalingam Translation Intitute, Pollachi, Tamil Nadu
- Independent Director of company BSE Institute Limited
Key academic qualifications and professional affiliations:
- Masters in Physics from Bombay University (1964), a top Ranker
- Doctor of Letters (Honoris Causa) had been conferred by Jain Vishva Bharati Institute in recognition of dedication to humanity, human values, creativity and literature in the presence of H.E. the President of India on 20 October 2005
- Life time fellow of Indian National Academy of Engineers, an Apex Academy since 1998
- Life time elected member of International Astronautical Academy, Paris since 1986
- Member of International Law Association, Indian Chapter.
- Member India International Centre, New Delhi.
- Fellow, World Academy of Arts and Science, WAAS.
- D.Sc. (Honoris Causa) from GLA Univerrsity, Mathura, U.P., 22nd Dec. 2015
- D.Sc. (Honoris Causa) from Ram Manohar Lohia Awadh University, Faizabad, 23rd Feb. 2016